SKED App Registration
The first step your practice members will need to take is to register for the SKED app with your office. SKED has two methods for registration: the first being an email with a magic link, the second is manual registration.
The email registration is our newer process which will save your staff time by not handing out provider information. Both registration methods still work!
Email Registration (2 steps to completely set-up):
Step 1: First, introduce the SKED app to your currently active practice members:
- Go to the Inbox tab in your SKED Admin > Templates. Send your practice members the one time message titled, Introducing SKED step #2 (we recommend sending this message via appointment types and selecting a date range) **Make sure to send Step #2 only as an email as it includes several links for your member’s convenience. If you want to send a text notifying them to look out for an email, use the template message Introducing SKED Step #1.
- Once the message is sent, your members will need to download the SKED app from their app store (again links provided in the email for easy access).
- After they download the app, they will be directed, in the email, to go back to the “Registering for SKED!” email on their phone and click on the registration link (magic link) in Step #2.
- When they click the link in their email it will redirect them to a page where they can select a registration method. Whichever method they choose to register for the SKED app, is the method they will also need to log in with.
**Please keep in mind that this registration link expires after 3 days! If a patient’s link is not working correctly, go ahead and resend them the link from your Inbox tab. **
Step 2: Set up your recurring message to go out to new practice members automatically in the future:
- In the Recurring Message tab, find the template called “Introducing SKED Step #2”, click into the message.
- Next, decide which appointment you are going to introduce the SKED app to your practice members at. Ex: Doctor’s Report of Findings, or whichever appointment your practice members sign-on to care.
- Set the time when you would like the message to go out to your practice members. Ex: 1 hour after their scheduled appointment time.
- Checkmark enabled, Save!
- Now SKED will continue to send out this message to your new practice members in the future. This will save your staff from sending out the message individually or giving out Provider ID & Barcodes/Member ID’s.
- Download the Sked.life app from the App/Google Play store.
- Select the ‘Register’ link on the login screen.
- The first prompt will ask for your Service Provider ID. This number is located in your Office’s SKED Admin under the Business tab in the top-right drop-down menu.
- The next prompt will ask for your Member ID or Barcode and your Last name. The Member ID/Barcode will also be on file in your Office’s EHR system.
- The last step is to select a registration method. Whichever method you choose to register your account with is the method that you will also need to log in with in the future.
** If you have any questions or suggestions please email us at email@example.com. **